Pages

Friday, June 20, 2008

quick lil update

Hello, friends!

Wow, I have so much to write its kindof overwhelming. I guess all I can do is give you some highlights.

We have almost made it all the way around the south island. Right now we are in Dunedin. Its a cute city that "they" say that it is comparable to endinburgh in scotland. To me it kinda looks like san fran. Which is neat.

Since the last post we have done quite a bit. We left graymouth and headed south on the west coast. We got picked up by a magical man named oli. He is from the north island. He used to be a forest ranger and now is just bummin around, living out of his van. His van is sweet. He has got stones and feathers and artifacts from all of his adventures for decorations. He carries a martin travel guitar and we had some good times with that. We traveled with him for two days. We hiked around some glaciers and chris and him went skinnydipping in the most beautiful lake i have ever been to.
oh and in graymouth we explored a cave. we got wetsuits and all that and jumped down waterfalls inside the cave, and tubed down a river while looking up and seeing glow worms. So cool.

He dropped us off in a little ski town called Wanaka and then we were off again. We met a swiss guy and traveled with him to queenstown.
In queenstown we bungy jumped off of the very first offical bungy jumping site. It was unreal. We got to jump together. Which was awesome. One of the coolest kisses i have ever had. And its in a gorge over a river so you get dipped in the water. Seriously, unreal.

We went to the Milford Sound. Wow. So beautiful. And dolphins swam next to our boat. Again, unreal.
Then we traveled down to invercargill then to the catlin forest and went to the beaches and waterfalls there. We chilled with some sea lions which were so cute.

They we made our way up to dunedin. Tonight there is a winter festival with lights and bands and all sorts of cool things. So that should be fun. Tomorrow we head back up to christchurch and chill there for a bit and then tour the upper half of the south island.

So yea. We are having the time of our lives. and ive never felt this way before. yeah i swear, its the truth, and i owe it all to you................(there is my shout out to footloose)
peace.

5 comments:

it's me, andrea. said...

Diz diz diz!! Lovin' it!! Update more! But this was an awesome recap of the journey. I'm jealous but so happy your NZ dreams are coming true. Love you and I think about you lots. XXX

Anonymous said...

tsk tsk tsk wrong movie Randi...that song was in 'Dirty Dancing'. Glad you're having a great time.

Kelly O. said...

So you're just playing down there for three months? What was all that talk about working in the kiwi farms? Sounds incredible. Post pictures when you can and update more frequently!! I mean gosh, doesn't Oli's van have built in wireless internet access??

Devin Felix said...

You bitches are something else. Happy birthday to Wih, and you're my mom. Both of you.

Devin Felix

KG said...

Aaah, you guys. I am so happy for you. I can't believe you kissed while bungee jumping. What's that like?? I have done neither! (Shrug!) I love you and I dreamt you came home and it was at my old high school and I was crying. The end. Oh and remember houseboat?