Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2009

In case you haven't heard...

.... I'm pretty much famous.




Yes. This is me with Donny Osmond. I have already posted this photo on facebook and showed you the picture on my camera if I have seen you recently, but I got to milk this for all it's worth.

When Craig Jessop resigned as the conductor of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir a little while ago, he came to be the head of the Music and Theater departments as Utah State. Due to the recent budget cuts and all that, Craig worked his magic and got Donny Osmond to come put on a benefit show for the Arts this past Memorial Day. There was a big dinner with Donny for 250 bucks a plate that was followed by the concert. I was not that big of a Donny fan, like at all, but my brother-in-law, Devin, was convering the events for The Herald Journal and had an extra ticket. I thought it sounded like fun, so I gussied up and got to be Devin's date.

At dinner we sat at a table with Craig's daughter and close friends. It was quote enjoyable. Donny's assistant told us that she didn't know if Donny would meet with us because he had said no to every other publication for an interview. When she got back from asking him she told us to follow him out after dinner for a quick word in the hotel lobby. We did what we were told after dinner and somehow a few quick words turned into a full on interview and meeting in the hotel lobby turned into a short walk, elevator ride, and chillin in his hotel room. At first we went to the room of Donny's band but it didn't work out due to the fact the when we opened the door they were in their underwear. So, to Donny's room we went! Just Devin, Donny and his assistant, and me. It was very plesant. Donny was so kind and charming. I can see how he woos the ladies.

We said our goodbyes and off we were to the concert. And I must say, I was very impressed with the show. He still got it. He was singing and dancing like you wouldn't believe for a three time grandpa. And the two front rows were filled with screaming middle aged moms. It was halarious and he was so fun with them. It made me want to see his show in Vegas.

I feel like such a nerd but I am star struck. He really charmed me, I must admit. Chris just laughs at me because like a week ago I could have cared less about him. Ah, well.

Until we meet again, Donny....

8 comments:

Elaine Everlasting said...

That's Donny for you...:) I was at the show, too, and I was sitting in the second row center. I've been an admirer of Donny for many years. He is one of the most down to earth, kind, caring person I know. I have heard this kind thing happening before....people who have never known anything about him, or even never heard of him who meet him for the first time and walk away impressed. :) Yes, go see the show in Vegas! I have seen it 3 times and will see it again in August. ( I have not yet seen the new addition of the song Crazy Horses he recently added. ) I am sure you will be highly entertained.:)

Tracey said...

Welcome to the club - adoring fans of Donny!!! He is such a sweetheart - I was lucky enough to see the Vegas show Sept 10, 2008 (my 50th B-day) and it is great. I attended the VIP Meet and Greet afterwards and WOW. Hey - come join us at Donny.com, click on the one on the left and join (free) and come to message boards and join us!! Thanks for sharing your experience.

jessica said...

All I have to say is.....

"SOLDIER OF LOVE BABY! SOLDIER OF LOVE!"

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

I still think he is sooo dreamy.

Anonymous said...

like Elaine said, that's D for ya! Just wait till you meet his older brothers!!!!

And, D's got a new version of Crazy Horses? Soooo can't wait to hear it!!!

Sari Payne (Crazyhorselady)

Shea McGee said...

that's how i felt about marie until i had to work with her and her "people" a little bit for work...nicest lady ever!

Anonymous said...

Mother and Father Osmond have left us a exemplary legacy with their large, loving family. You will meet no finer people than the Osmonds. They are the best!

Mommy West said...

Woo-hoo, Randi!