Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Snakes on a Plane

We leave to come home tomorrow!!! I can't beleive it!

Well, here is the latest update.

So, our stay in Hamilton was wonderful. We had alot of fun with the older couple we stayed with. The LDS temple is in Hamilton, so we got to do a session and also see the church school that is closing down soon. It was a really nice experience.

After Hamilton we decided to explore the Coromandel Penninsula.Oh man. It is freaking amazing. So beautiful. We stayed in a town called Tairua and went fishing. We didnt catch much but enough to have some dinner. And the fisherman that took us liked us so much that he had us over afterwards to his home, and I gave his wife a massage so we didnt have to pay for the fishing. Not too bad.

The next town we stayed at was in Coromandel town. Its a cute little town by the sea but we barely got to experience it. There was a huge wind and rain storm that came in and lasted about 3 days. It was nasty and the streets were flooded. There was no going outside. Luckily we were staying at a nice hostel where there was a tv in our room with 2 movie channels. The down side was that it cycled the same movies over and over and one channel was right behind the other. But on the plus side we got to watch Snakes on a Plane as much as we wanted. Now if you havent heard, Snakes on a Plane is a brilliant movie with Samuel L Jackson. I am not going to tell what it is about though because I will give it away....But I'm sure you can figure it out.

We got a nice little day in at Coromandel Town but then the storm was back, so we ended up taking a bus to Auckland so we didnt have to stand out and hitch in the rain.

Dang, I am running out of time to update but we have spent this past week in Auckland and I will write about that later.


Much love.

2 comments:

it's me, andrea. said...

love you diz! can't wait to see you. be safe.

jo said...

Hey! Thanks to your brother I found you...now that you are coming back. So how has it been fullfilling my NZ dream? Do you know that I have a baba inside me? We are so excited. Want to see you as soon as you get back!\
loves