Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Winter Blues

Well kids,

It's that time again. It's the end of February and springtime seems to be eons away. The winter sunshine seems hopeful, until you walk outside and feel the sting of a cold breeze.

This time of year lends itself to the lazier days of Randi Martin. For whatever reason, I am quite unmotivated. You may have noticed that there hasn't been a Project 365 post in a while. Don't worry, it's coming. Whenever I get around to it. I hate this feeling because my mind is constantly racing with things I need to do right now and things I need to do in the near future, but my body just lays there on the couch getting caught up on The Bachelor.

It doesn't help that I am taking 18 credits of upper division classes. Lesson learned on how much school I can handle each semester.

My house is a mess. I finally went grocery shopping yesterday but then ate out again for dinner tonight.

It's almost midnight and my body is begging me to do some night time Yoga and go to sleep, but I feel guilty for sleeping when I have so much to do.

I'm not even sure why I am blogging about my winter woes. Perhaps it's because I think if I vent about it, the funk I'm in might go away faster. Or maybe you are also experiencing the downfalls that the end of February brings, and reading this might make you feel like you are not alone. Or maybe it's because I am sick of just having Project 365 posts.

Chris is not as prone to being as moody as I am (or moody at all), but he is also feelin' it. We both skipped school today to be lame. It was fun, I guess. We deserve a break sometimes. It was nice cuddling on the couch together, eating a big bowl of pasta, and watching Arrested Development.

The good news is that I have been in this funk before, and I will probably be in it again this time next year, but that's ok. If any of you knew me back in my "glory days," you know that I was in a funk for years at a time, so this isn't so bad. It's just annoying. This too shall pass.

I have just decided to declare weekly goals that will aid in my seasonal recovery.

This week's goals:

*Don't skip anymore class
*Do yoga everyday (even if it's just 10 minutes)
*Clean and de-junk just one room of the house...let's say the kitchen.

Ok. I feel good about that.

Thanks for listening. Maybe, if I feel like it, I will return and report on my goals for the rest of the week.

And good luck to you all as Springtime creeps ever so slowly into our lives.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I often get into a funk sometime during the winter. It hasn't been as bad this winter, for whatever reason...But I feel your pain. Wish there was something I could do! I think it's good that you took a day "off" from school. Sometimes it seems that just changing up your routine for a day or to is enough to shake it off.

Emily said...

I hear you. I hate this time of year. Good luck with your goals! And at least you have a vacation to look forward to!